Establishing and maintaining effective business processes and practices are crucial to the performance and overall success of organisations. As operational efficiencies come under increasing scrutiny, businesses and government agencies often jump to organisational restructures and technology implementations without focussing on how the underlying business processes can be streamlined to best support the business’ strategy and operations. Business Process Improvement addresses these issues.
- Inefficient or overly complex business processes.
- Lack of clarity around overarching business strategies, priorities and goals.
- Immaturity in “process thinking” and a reliance on best efforts for business operations.
- Lack of process standardisation, resulting in a proliferation of operational variations.
- Implementing technology solutions without appropriately addressing people and process implications.
- Operational inefficiencies, weak business outcomes and poor financial performance.
- Lack of strategic alignment, as business operations fail to support objectives and priorities.
- Staff frustration, disengagement and lack of cohesion.
- Stifled growth due to incompatible technologies and conflicting processes.
- Poor workforce utilisation and inability to share workload effectively, as staff follow inconsistent processes and procedures.
- Poor or inconsistent customer experience and stakeholder interactions.
Business Process Improvement (BPI) incorporates a range of established techniques and frameworks to optimise an organisation’s processes, reduce operational costs and improve business performance. Our services can be applied in any industry to improve both customer-facing processes and internal support functions such as HR, Finance and IT Service Management.
Using our methodologies and frameworks as a reference we can quickly establish and tailor a suitable approach to meet the specific needs of your organisation. Our BPI service offerings include:
- Business review – Our consultants understand what makes an organisation successful. We can assess the health of your business environment, focussed on the maturity and alignment of your business strategy, high-level processes, services and underlying capabilities. We expose business inhibitors, issues and risks, and identify areas and options for improvement.
- Business Process Improvement capability development – Our BPI experts assist our clients to build their own internal process improvement capabilities. With ever-increasing pressure to deliver continuous improvement, we can help you to establish the frameworks, skills, processes and tools to effectively manage on-going BPI activities.
- Process redesign & optimisation – We offer a range of options to assess and improve your operational and support processes, from large-scale process redesign to fine-tuning, optimisation and standardisation. With a team of Lean and Six-Sigma qualified consultants, we have the skills and expertise to pin-point and measure inefficiencies, improve processes and quantify the benefits.