Simply put, Enterprise Architecture aligns people, services and technology
with the business goals of an organisation. Ensuring alignment between an
organisation’s business imperatives and the under-pinning IT capabilities is a
constant challenge in today’s fast-moving business world. Enterprise
Architecture, the process of articulating the business context and designing the IT capabilities to support it, is an essential discipline to ensure the
optimal interaction between people, process, information and technology.
- IT unable to match the speed of business change.
- Business change negated due to IT using its “technology
- IT unaware of the business’ imperatives and priorities.
- Maximising the benefit of automation and reuse of technology
- Optimising the use of technology in an increasingly mobile
- Prioritising IT resources across business demands and
- Missed business or organisational improvement
- IT focussed on hardware and software maintenance rather than
- IT plans and roadmaps not aligned with business strategy.
- Stifled growth due to incompatible technologies and conflicting
- Increasing IT maintenance burden as the number of systems and
At X4 our Enterprise Architecture practice achieves business and IT
alignment by adopting a business driven, top-down, approach. We seek to
understand the business vision, strategy and goals of an organisation,
and create a business architecture which highlights both the
requirements and future capabilities needed to optimise business
X4’s Enterprise Architects work closely with business and IT leaders
to fill the gaps that prevent effective use of IT:
- Develop Enterprise Architecture artefacts, solution
architectures, strategies, and roadmaps.
- Assess existing architecture artefacts, technology solutions,
and IT processes for independent advice and direction.
- Provide technical leadership to large and complex
- Provide thought leadership based on our experience and market
- Implement effective governance structures to maintain overall
alignment within the organisation.
X4 has a number of standard Enterprise Architecture service
offerings from which you can choose. Whether you opt for one of these or are
seeking something more unique, we will tailor our services to meet your
specific business needs.
- IT Strategy & ISSP Development – Our
consultants understand the complex challenges that business and
technology leaders face. Defining a clear vision and strategy
creates a map for an organisation’s journey.
- Enterprise Architecture – Building on an IT
strategy, a full Enterprise Architecture describes a business in
terms of models, standards, principles, policies, and procedures
that reflect the business context, the information needs, the
application systems, the technical architecture and infrastructure
that represent an organisation. The models and roadmaps we define
through this process represent the blueprint used to lead the
organisation to its future state.
- Solution Architecture – Every problem can be
solved by a clearly defined solution. Solution architecture defines
how a system or process should be built to solve a specific
problem, in the context of an organisation’s technology standards,
principles, preferences and constraints.
- IT Reviews – Every organisation is challenged
by an ever-increasing work-load and demand for new solutions. Yet
internal time to assess and improve is a commodity in short supply.
We have standard approaches and models for conducting targeted or
comprehensive IT assessments. The ensuing report provides clients
with a clear and easily understandable appraisal of their current
state, together with a set of categorised and prioritised
- IT Service Management – Whether IT services
are provided in-house or are outsourced, the need for effective IT
service management is an essential ingredient of any IT department.
Our ITIL trained staff specialise in IT service management
processes, procedures and organisational structures with a view to
enabling organisations to achieve appropriate and cost-effective
- System Evaluation & Selection – Our
technology agnostic consultants can work with you to gather and
collate requirements, identify technology options and evaluate