IT Service Excellence moulds technology and support staff into service providers that enable outstanding day-to-day operation of the business. It
combines aspects of Operational Excellence and IT Service Management to improve
IT service quality, manage costs, and reduce technology risk. As a management
discipline it allows organisations to better govern and manage IT services to
meet the needs of the business.
- IT service not meeting user or business expectations.
- IT seen as too slow and unresponsive.
- IT struggling to keep up with the demands of the business.
- Pressure to manage and reduce IT costs.
- IT reactive rather than proactive.
- Poor system performance and stability.
- Implementing necessary technology refresh.
- Business loses confidence in IT.
- Business efficiency & agility suffers.
- Outsourcing seen as a panacea.
- IT hindering rather than an enabling the business.
- Disillusionment of users and IT staff.
- Culture of blaming “poor systems” for everything.
- High or unknown technology risk.
The key elements of our IT Service Excellence model are:
- Service Alignment, which provides comprehensive and consistent services that are optimised and aligned to business needs and strategy.
- Service Automation, delivering reliable, robust and efficient services, which are integrated and automated where possible to support self-service.
- Design for Excellence, improving systems and processes through effective monitoring and management, the consideration of non-functional requirements and architecture implications.
Our experience spans IT service management from strategic and financial
planning to hands on process and quality improvements, combined with a deep
understanding of technology and the delivery of non-functional requirements.
Having worked with business and technology leaders in a broad range of clients
and industries in New Zealand we can quickly identify opportunities, provide an
independent view on your IT operations, and assist in supporting your
business with excellent IT services.
The typical ways in which we help our clients are:
Service Management Reviews – We work with the business to
establish their service needs and align the service portfolio and service
levels to those needs. Our experience from similar work at other organisations
and our practical knowledge about IT service management allows us to quickly
identify inefficiencies, risks, and opportunities, and make actionable,
Strategic and Financial Planning Assistance – Operational
teams often struggle with developing robust investment, capacity, and
technology lifecycle plans. With the internal teams strongly focussing on
day-to-day break-fixing and responding to users, the important, but not urgent,
planning is left on the back-burner. Our consultants can help by focussing
exclusively on the deliverable and by bringing in relevant experience from similar
activities. Thereby we can focus on the right areas and deliver realistic and
Service Delivery Options and RFP processes – Organisations, more frequently than ever, are questioning their service delivery models. For example, the plethora of “as a service” options and
the ability to deliver IT without being tied to asset ownership is creating a
new dynamic. X4 has substantial experience in assessing Cloud options,
financial modelling, and technology risk, in general as well as the specifics
of the Cloud. We understand the complexity of transition, are able to present
technical matters to business audiences, and can help with engaging the
System Stabilisation and Assurance – X4 has a great track record in stabilising failing or at-risk systems, performing root cause
analysis, and conducting post incident reviews. We have used a
number of risk reduction strategies and have defined and validated non-functional requirements for some of the world’s
largest systems. We have experience in shaping, planning and executing
non-functional testing at the enterprise level across multiple technologies and
market units. We are able to quickly understand complex IT environments,
predict and inform on expected system behaviour whilst providing the technical
expertise to help manage the risks and the costs.