Delivering complex change requires experienced Programme and Project
Management capabilities. X4 provides the skilled resources, methodologies and the tools (via ITM Platform) that are vital for sound strategic and tactical decision-making, helping our
clients to affect change and realise benefits.
- Correctly estimating programme and project complexity,
clarifying requirements, identifying and articulating expected benefits.
- Aligning stakeholder expectations, developing firm leadership,
and generating sponsor commitment.
- Establishing integrated programme management office, planning and communication capabilities.
- Obtaining appropriate resources and properly assigning
resources across a portfolio of projects.
- Establishing central control and defining meaningful success
metrics and KPIs.
- Managing people, progress, risks and issues, quality and budgets effectively.
- Poorly managed complexity and the lack of an integrated
approach jeopardises outcomes and all interdependencies.
- Staff indifference and lack of buy-in, creating an environment
in which project failure is expected.
- Inadequate prioritisation and control over a project portfolio,
resulting in resource conflicts and deficiencies.
- Failure to control and monitor performance and progress,
increasing strategic and tactical risk.
- A lack of progress and ultimately a failure to deliver
Implementing large scale programmes demands attention and expertise
in multiple domains. Bringing about success requires a combination of
strong project leadership, analytic, communication and technical
skills. Our X4 programme and project management consultants deliver
- Ensuring the organisation has a solid business case for change
and confidence in project control.
- Establishing the appropriate project and governance
- Developing a well-defined programme architecture.
- Aligning strategic stakeholders and business expectations.
- Embedding integrated project planning.
- Identifying risks and defining appropriate responses.
- Tailoring and deploying client specific project control
processes, based on best practices.
- Exercising and facilitating active change management
X4 brings experience that complements and supports capability
development within your PMO and project teams, together with an approach to
programme management and project delivery built upon five key strategic
- Initiation & current-state – We capture and
document scope, approach and the overall plan for delivering
desired business outcomes. We use a variety of techniques to
develop a detailed understanding of the current situation, to
ensure that change has a solid base and delivers on business
- Strategy development – We challenge current
thinking to develop a robust programme and project management
model, individually suited to unique client organisational
challenges. Whether the challenge is to implement a business change
management process, a new target operating model or a technology
shift, the fit to your operational culture is critical.
- Solution definition – We cover not only
definition of the change programme to be undertaken, but also the
structures (e.g. PMO) and processes to be used to manage delivery.
X4 consultants document a prioritised, performance driven programme
implementation plan, based upon costing and business benefit
- Execution – We manage and oversee the
processes, organisational and system changes detailed during
solution development, through the provision of X4’s programme and
project management support.
- Re-evaluating the environment – We ensure the
planned and expected benefits are realised, and are capable of
delivering continuous improvement and momentum long after X4 has