Business Analysis helps organisations identify issues (problems, opportunities, and needs), define solutions, and implement changes to solve those business issues. Effective Business Analysis ensures that a business' scarce resources are directed into projects which provide real business benefit, and that those benefits can be clearly articulated in terms of requirements which can be traced through the project lifecycle to measure its success.
- Quantifying the potential business benefit of a change.
- Uncovering, structuring and articulating a set of complete,
valid and feasible requirements.
- Achieving the right balance between business driven
requirements and system constraints.
- Understanding the impacts of change on your organisation.
- Taking key operational staff away from core BAU activities to
resource project teams.
- Misinterpretation between business and project delivery
- Delivery of technology solutions that don’t meet the actual
- Failure to align solutions with business strategy and
- Significant cost and time over-runs.
- Damage to business effectiveness and performance.
At X4 Consulting our business analysts focus on defining and elaborating
business needs that are aligned to strategic vision, are feasible to
implement and will add measurable business value.
We undertake deep analysis necessary to:
- Understand the impact of changes to an organisation.
- Model new business processes and designs.
- Define business requirements to measure quality and success of
- Identify business constraints on system behaviour and user
interaction for system components.
This business value driven approach ensures that project budgets are
directed to changes that have the greatest positive impact to
Working with X4 provides you with the flexibility to leverage our business analysis resources whilst retaining key business knowledge and IP for your future
We have a range of business analysis service offerings from which you can
choose, a selection of which are highlighted below. Whether you opt for one of
these or are seeking something a little more unique, we will tailor our
services to meet your specific business needs.
- Business case & benefit realisation – Our
consultants understand how to define a case for budget approval and measure
the benefits realisation, from detailed feasibility assessments to
cost-benefit analysis, definition of key performance indicators and
measuring success of the implementation.
- Business analysis delivery – We can complement your
internal teams, using your existing methods and tools to meet a specific
project demand. Alternatively, for those bigger pieces of work we can
provide you with a fully functioning business analysis team: a team lead,
business analysts, an approach and method, standards and practices,
templates and tools.
- Business analysis practice development – Whether you
are looking to build a new business analysis community of practice or take
your current practice to the next level of maturity, X4 can help. We work
with clients to identify the qualities necessary to develop a high
performing and collaborative Business Analysis team. We can focus on your
overall capability or target specific areas such as: process design;
standard approaches, methods and templates; requirements gathering, and
business modelling tools.